0
Answered

Please clarify some points

Vorland 7 years ago updated by Alex Jenter 7 years ago 2
There are some questions for CN version 2.0.3 running under Windows XP SP3 Russian:


1) For some reason the choosing of filling color in Section Property doesn't work - it is possible to choose only primary colors, when I change "Complementary colors" manually it changes in a demo color box, but doesn't changes as it is necessary in a program notes window. In general the algorithm of a coloring of a main CN window (for notes window) isn't clear to me - whether it is possible to set obviously color for each element of a notes window?

2) When copying note to a clipboard (at the chosen English keyboard), the inserting of the copied note from a clipboard to another application (I tried application "Bred") has a bug: instead of inserting Cyrillic symbols the "question marks" are inserted. At chosen Russian keyboard - everything is normal. It's known Problem - if I am not mistaken, it is necessary to report about the codepage of a copied note to the Windows Clipboard. Whether it is possible to correct? (Inserting Clipboard into Windows WordPad works without bug - probably, the problem is in "old" applications)

And there are some questions on functionality of the CN:

- How does notes saving to db-file works: at once after creation of note? Whether it is possible to make in the CN menu command or button for dumping (saving) of all cached notes information to db-file?
What settings should be made in the "cintanotes.settings" file for the safest work of the db-file, concerning notes saving to the db-file?

- How to change type of a font and its size for a editing notes window (through the "cintanotes.settings" file it is possible to change only a monospaced font or I am not right)?

And what policy of updating of the license after 1 year of free updatings? Interesting price for Russian users.

P.S. Excuse me for bad english...


Answer

Answer
Answered
1) Some coloring issues will be fixed in 2.0.4. However please note that CintaNotes uses only the hue of the selected color, to ensure that all tabs have colors which are evenly bright and look good together.

2) Seems to be a bug. Please post this as a bug report here on the roadmap.

3)
> How does notes saving to db-file works?
The note is saved when you press the OK button, or Ctrl+Enter, or ESC.
You can also save manually without closing the editor via pressing Ctrl+S.
An autosave feature is planned for the future, you can vote for it here:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/8698-autosave-currently-edited-note/

4)
>What settings should be made in the "cintanotes.settings" file for the safest work of the db-file, concerning notes saving to the db-file?
To ensure that no data gets corrupted even in case of a sudden system crash or hardware fault, you can set the "sqlite.pragma.synchronous" option to "FULL" instead of "OFF" in the settings file. This, however, will introduce a noticeable delay to all saving operations.


5)

>How to change type of a font and its size for a editing notes window?

As Thomas has said, you can change the font settings with the "Options -> Notes List..." menu option. They affect both the notes list and note editor.


6)

>what policy of updating of the license after 1 year of free updatings? Interesting price for Russian users?

The cost of 1-year updates prolongation will be 50% of the actual license price. (Please note that the actual license price is used and not the price which was paid a year ago for the original license.) So now it will amount to 199.5 roubles.

Can you please write your request in english, so that everybody can read it?! You might want to use "Google Translate" for a start. Thank you.


Thomas

Thank you for reposting in english. Alex will have to answer most of your questions. 


Quote: How does notes saving to db-file works: at once after creation of note?

When you press the "Ins" button to create a new note, a new editor window opens with an empty note. At this point no data is written to the disk.


Quote: Whether it is possible to make in the CN menu command or button for dumping (saving) of all cached notes information to db-file?

Inside the note editor you can press Ctrl+S to save your changes.


Quote: How to change type of a font and its size for a editing notes window?

You can change the font setting using the menu "Options -> Notes List...".

Answer
Answered
1) Some coloring issues will be fixed in 2.0.4. However please note that CintaNotes uses only the hue of the selected color, to ensure that all tabs have colors which are evenly bright and look good together.

2) Seems to be a bug. Please post this as a bug report here on the roadmap.

3)
> How does notes saving to db-file works?
The note is saved when you press the OK button, or Ctrl+Enter, or ESC.
You can also save manually without closing the editor via pressing Ctrl+S.
An autosave feature is planned for the future, you can vote for it here:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/8698-autosave-currently-edited-note/

4)
>What settings should be made in the "cintanotes.settings" file for the safest work of the db-file, concerning notes saving to the db-file?
To ensure that no data gets corrupted even in case of a sudden system crash or hardware fault, you can set the "sqlite.pragma.synchronous" option to "FULL" instead of "OFF" in the settings file. This, however, will introduce a noticeable delay to all saving operations.


5)

>How to change type of a font and its size for a editing notes window?

As Thomas has said, you can change the font settings with the "Options -> Notes List..." menu option. They affect both the notes list and note editor.


6)

>what policy of updating of the license after 1 year of free updatings? Interesting price for Russian users?

The cost of 1-year updates prolongation will be 50% of the actual license price. (Please note that the actual license price is used and not the price which was paid a year ago for the original license.) So now it will amount to 199.5 roubles.