In-place (inline) note editing
Alex Jenter 13 років тому • оновлений 8 років тому • 10
It should be possible to edit notes right in the notes list, without the extra edit dialog window.
Служба підтримки клієнтів працює на UserEcho
Besides, there is nothing wrong with the current pop-up editor. We *can* edit notes already. There are features that are more needed than this.
Please don't compromise the brilliant simplicity and lightness of SN. :-)
I suggest the following requirements for this feature:
1. It should be optional. User can edit notes either in-place, or in separate editor.
2. In-place editing is enabled by default and activated via double click, since double click should activate default editing mode.
3. Note's context menu has "Open in editor" item.
4. It should have a hotkey (F2 feels native for Windows), in case it gets disabled.
5. Notes are in read-only mode by default. Ability to switch to "Always use editor mode" should be discussed in another thread.
6. A toolbar with Tags, Link and "Save" and "Discard" buttons should appear in editing mode (and disappear in read mode).
7. If "rich editing"  gets implemented, it's toolbar should also appear in editing mode.
1. Fade other notes, when current one is edited.
2. We could get rid of "Tags" field, by mergin it with note's tag bar (the one under the Title). So tags could be entered there inline, allowing to create new tags right there.
3. Tagging experience could be enhanced by "tags drag-n-drop"  feature. User could drag tags from sidebar onto edited note.
4. Semantics of ctrl- and shift-clicking tags on the sidebar could change in in-place editing mode to add or remove tags to the currently edited note.
Implementing sub-features 3 and 4 would cover the "tag picker control"  functionlaity. However, it would still be needed for editing notes in separate editor.
 "rich editing"
 "tag drag-n-drop"
 "tag picker control
I believe that what Alex proposed is a VERY serious issue, I find it easier to have one window open for my notes and not two, particularly if you work with 10 programs running at the same time, the telephones ringing (notes, notes) and if one in my skype, ICQ or MSN lists pops up also, then where is the editor window of my notes....simply not ergonomic at some peak times!
Quotepad is an application very similar to CintaNotes (but not as mighty). It does not open a new window but expands the existing list of notes temporary to allow editing. Maybe not exactly what some of you wanted - but at least one variant that makes the UI simpler.